Maryland Work Incentives Network (MD-WIN) is Maryland’s Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA). WIPA projects provide individualized, in-depth, employment-focused benefits counseling and work incentives planning in all 50 states and US territories. The project is funded primarily by the Social Security Administration (SSA). The work that WIPA Projects do is a critical component of national efforts to improve employment outcomes for Social Security disability beneficiaries.
The mission of the WIPA program is to promote employment and financial independence for beneficiaries of the Social Security disability programs.
MD-WIN employs Community Work Incentive Coordinators (CWICs). CWICs support Social Security disability beneficiaries to:
- Verify all benefits information.
- Identify and connect with services or supports needed to overcome barriers to employment.
- Understand how paid employment will affect all federal/state/local benefits.
- Identify, use, and manage Social Security work incentives.
- Support beneficiaries with reporting wage information to Social Security.
- Help beneficiaries to successfully manage benefits over time.
- Analyze healthcare coverage options so that beneficiaries can determine which options offer the best coverage at the most affordable price.
- Resolve benefits problems.
MD-WIN believes in the power of work! If you are a person (aged 14-not yet full retirement ages) with a disability receiving SSI or SSDI and need support in understanding work incentives and how work affects benefits, give us a call: 240-638-0071, or learn more at www.innow.org/md-win.