Today’s Assistive Technology Spotlight is the ReaderPen by C-Pen.
This extremely portable device gives you the ability to scan text and have the words read right back to you. The pen also doubles as a dictionary that allows you to define scanned words in an instant.
ReaderPen also features a voice recorder and allows you to store scanned text.
Everything is built-in and there is no need or requirement for an internet connection!
- Reads text out aloud.
- Looks up and reads out definitions of words.
- No wifi required.
- Scans and stores text internally as well as scans to computer (no software required).
- A voice recorder for memos and to develop vocabulary and pronunciation.
- 3GB user space to store text and audio.
- Speaker and earphone jack.
- Rechargeable battery.
If you would like to test the ReaderPen for yourself, contact our Assistive Technology Specialist, Jake Clark, at 240-898-2188 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a demo appointment.
*Please note appointments are only available on Tuesdays or Thursdays between the hours of 12:00 and 5:00 pm.
Here’s a YouTube video by them that is pretty short and explains all the features.
Visit our online Assistive Technology library to see all the devices available to our consumers.