Many of us are uncomfortable talking about and planning for death, however there are many important decisions to make and information to give to trusted others so that you are the one determining what’s important to you. Independence Now wants to provide resources about making these key decisions and getting your affairs in order in preparation for when you pass away. This includes vital decisions about your property, healthcare, finances, and more. By putting an Advance Directive in place and writing a Will, you can relieve your family members of a huge administrative burden and worry that they are not fulfilling your final wishes.
You may want to set a goal to get essential documents in place during 2023! Here are many resources we hope you find useful for end-of-life planning in Maryland:
- Funeral Scams and Bad Faith Options to Watch Out For
- Adult Guardianship
- Special Needs Trust: Regulatory Compliance Checklist and Statement.
- Facts about Wills
- Five Wishes: A National Advance Care Planning Program
- Maryland’s Advance Directive: A Planning for Future Health Care Decisions
- Understanding Advance Directives
- Advance Directives Information Sheet
- Making Medical Decisions for Someone Else: A Maryland Handbook
- Consumer Guide to Life Insurance
- Consumer Guide to Life Insurance – Spanish
- Information about pre-burial needs from DLLR