- This event has passed.
Swipe, Listen, and Tap! Smart Phone Boot Camp for Visually-Impaired Consumers
March 23, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until March 30, 2021
Libra Robinson, who is visually impaired and the owner of Nsight VIP Services for Blind and Visually Impaired, will serve as the instructor for this event.
- Will run for 10 weeks, starting on January 26, 2021
- Attendees will need to own a smartphone to participate (iPhone or Android)
- Class participants must be a consumer of Independence Now (class limit: 4-5 people)
- Contact Independence Now to learn about becoming a consumer: 301-277-2839 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION: Contact Libra at email email@example.com or phone 202-427-3600 to register.
Key learning points:
- How to use a smartphone independently
- unlocking the phone
- answering calls
- go through contacts
- make calls
- retrieve messages
- download apps
- useful apps
- taking and attaching pictures
- adjusting settings
- accessing and sending email
- using voice commands.