- This event has passed.
Swipe, Listen, and Tap! Smart Phone Boot Camp for Visually-Impaired Consumers
March 30, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Libra Robinson, who is visually impaired and the owner of Nsight VIP Services for Blind and Visually Impaired, will serve as the instructor for this event.
- Will run for 10 weeks, starting on January 26, 2021
- Attendees will need to own a smartphone to participate (iPhone or Android)
- Class participants must be a consumer of Independence Now (class limit: 4-5 people)
- Contact Independence Now to learn about becoming a consumer: 301-277-2839 or email@example.com.
REGISTRATION: Contact Libra at email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 202-427-3600 to register.
Key learning points:
- How to use a smartphone independently
- unlocking the phone
- answering calls
- go through contacts
- make calls
- retrieve messages
- download apps
- useful apps
- taking and attaching pictures
- adjusting settings
- accessing and sending email
- using voice commands.