Assistive Technology (AT) Specialist – Montgomery County, Maryland
Part Time (20 hours per week)
Deadline to apply September 30, 2021 – 5pm
Independence Now, a Center for Independent Living, is a nonprofit organization created by and for people with disabilities. We are a resource and advocacy center that promotes independent living and equal access for people with all types of disabilities of all ages. Independence Now assists residents of Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties to use community services and resources that will enhance their independence.
Independence Now’s core independent living services are peer counseling, individual and systems advocacy, information and referral, independent living skills training and transition. Our mission is – We advocate and embody independence and equality for all people with disabilities.
The AT Specialist is responsible for completing intake with consumers, researching AT, building relationships with Contractors, writing case notes and supporting consumers through the process of purchasing AT or making Home/vehicle Modifications. The position also manages our AT lending library and ramp loan program. Presentations of AT as well as assisting consumers to test equipment is necessary. Some home visits are required for the purpose of coordinating home modifications.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task are a must for this position.
- Perform intake with consumers, visit consumer homes when needed
- Order equipment, submit invoices, follow up with consumers on final satisfaction
- Process referrals and maintain waiting list for services
- Engage in dialogue with contractors about bids, complete payment authorization and process payment
- Document all services, goals, and consumer accomplishments in database tracking system
- Manage AT Loan Library, coordinating equipment loans and presentations
- Maintain up to date information on local contractors and AT technological advancements
- Perform other duties as assigned which are commensurate with the level of expertise and experience.
Background check required. Candidates must have 2 years of work experience with a minimum of 1 year in disability field.
This position will work from our Silver Spring office with local travel required.
Position details: 20 hours per week.
Salary range: $19-$21 an hour, depending on experience.
Minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org