Emergency food support resources are available during COVID-19.
Prince George’s County
- Prince George’s County Food Equity Council: http://www.pgcfec.org/resources.html
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT): http://www.institutephi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Copy-of-English-PGC-P-EBT-Fact-Sheet.pdf
- Montgomery County Food Resources: Call 311 or visit https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/get-help/food.html
- Montgomery County Food Council: https://mocofoodcouncil.org/covid-19-local-food-system-resources/
- Manna Food Center: https://www.mannafood.org/
- Shepherd’s Table: https://www.shepherdstable.org/meals/
- Shepards Table located in Silver Spring offers hot meals daily, runs a resource center, an eye clinic, and hands out to-go meals at local schools.
Regional and Maryland Statewide Programs
- Maryland Hunger Solutions: https://www.mdhungersolutions.org/get-help/
- Online SNAP Grocery Orders: https://dhs.maryland.gov/documents/COVID-19/SNAP%20Online%20%20%205_28_20.pdf
- SHARE Food Network: https://www.catholiccharitiesdc.org/share/
- Share food network allows you to purchase food at half the price. You can purchase a box of food that costs approximately $40-45 for around $22 and they accept SNAP/EBT.
- Food & Friends Home: https://foodandfriends.org/
- Food and Friends delivers ready to eat meals and groceries to people who are diagnosed with: HIV/AIDS, cancer, poorly-controlled diabetes, stage 5 renal disease, congestive heart failure (NYHA class III or IV), chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder “COPD” (stage III or IV), multiple sclerosis (RRPS, SPMS, PPMS), ALS (middle or late stages), Parkinson’s (Stage III, IV or V) and Cystic Fibrosis.